What is Radiesse 1.5 ml?
Radiesse has been a popular rejuvenating and face contouring tool over the last two decades which proves its effectiveness and reliability itself, considering the pace of progress in medical sciences nowadays.
Originally used in the fields of surgery, dentistry and urology, it has been found to be highly efficient and applicable for the purposes of aesthetic medicine.
What distinguishes Radiesse from most of the other aesthetic medical devices applied nowadays is its unique composition with calcium hydroxyapatite used as an active substance and carboxymethylcellulose, glycerin, sodium and water based solution. This feature makes it particularly attractive for those not enthusiastic about hyaluronic acid based dermal fillers.
What are the indications for Radiesse 1.5 ml treatment?
Radiesse 1.5 ml has a number of indications, including:
- Liquid nose job (non-invasive rhinoplasty)
- Mid to severe wrinkles and folds
- Restoration of lost volume in such areas like cheeks, ear lobes, hands and chin
- Raising lowered eyebrows
- Face definition and contouring
Radiesse 1.5 ml area of application
The product is supposed to be injected into deep dermis, its border and the hypodermis. Epidermis injections are not allowed. It is recommended to perform a 10 minute massage right after the injection for an even distribution of the preparation. The preparations’ target areas of injection are:
- Ear lobe
Radiesse 1.5 ml product properties
Radiesse 1.5 is a sterile, non-pyrogenic, semi-solid, cohesive implant. The preparation is fully biodegradable yet highly tolerable by human tissues.
Calcium hydroxyapatite contained in the preparation is of synthetic origin, reducing the risk of allergic reaction.
There is a lidocaine and a non-lidocaine version of Radiesse 1.5.
Radiesse 1.5 ml results
Not only correcting certain skin defects, but stimulating tissues to produce collagen fibres themselves as well, Radiesse provides long-lasting results, oscillating from 12 to 18 months. The persistence depends on the number of procedures performed.
Radiesse 1.5 ml side effects
After the injection, some temporary side effects may occur. Those include:
- Small bumps,
- Mild bleeding at the injection site
- Skin discoloration,
Contraindications for Radiesse 1.5 ml treatment
Before the Radiesse procedure an aesthetician should ensure if any of the following symptoms occurs:
- allergy or hypersensitivity to any of the components
- bleeding disorders
- inflammation of the treated area
- infection of the treated area
- redness of the treated area
Radiesse tissue stimulators range
Radiesse products are available in 2 concentrations of the active substance:
Alternative products for tissue stimulation:
Radiesse is not applicable for everyone, gladly there are other tissue stimulating products with various characteristics in our store. Here is what we offer:
- Jalupro HMW - a device composed of sodium hyaluronate and a sterile amino acid solution indicated for facial rejuvenation, scars reduction and as an adjuvant in physical or chemical treatments, such as peeling, laser therapy, and dermabrasion.
- Sculptra - a preparation based on poly-L-lactic acid indicated for restoration of skin with a severe volume loss, lipoatrophy, improvement of hip dips