What is Juvederm Voluma?Juvederm Voluma is an injectable dermal filler intended for restoration of the lost volume related to an age. The product imparts a volumizing effect that temporarily reverses signs of ageing attributed to facial volume loss, such as sunken cheeks. Despite the general indication, there are many younger patients who want to boost brightness, vitality and general performance of the skin and highly appreciate this dermal filler regarding the mentioned purposes. The product belongs to the range of dermal fillers based on patented Vycross Technology (VT), combining hyaluronic acid with different molecular weights. This results with better longevity and smoother, natural-looking results. Juvederm Voluma is approved by the FDA.
What are the indications for Juvederm Voluma treatment?Juvederm Voluma can be profitably used on and off label for:
- Restoration of the lost volume
- Cheeks augmentation
- Elasticity improvement
- Jawline definition
- Sunken temples treatment
- Smoothing forehead wrinkles
- Lips definition
- Chin treatment
- Moisturizing of the skin
- Overall face volumization
- Providing healthy, radiant look to the skin
Juvederm Voluma target areasJuvederm Voluma procedures should be performed via subcutaneous and/or supraperiosteal injection into the following areas.
- Oral Commissure
Juvederm Voluma resultsVycross Technology (VT) provides long-lasting results thanks to the combination of hyaluronic acid with low and high molecular weight. Juvederm Voluma characterises with a phenomenal durability, lasting up to 18 months. The whole range characterises the presence of lidocaine, which provides pain reduction.
Juvederm Voluma product propertiesPolisacharyde hyaluronic acid, which the Juvederm dermal products consist of, is of 100% synthetic, non-animal origin and is highly tolerated by human tissues. The product has a consistency of transparent, homogeneous gel and is entirely biodegradable. All Juvederm dermal fillers contain cross-linked hyaluronic acid obtained with 3D Matrix technology. The procedure is comfortable for patients thanks to lidocaine presence giving a significant pain reduction.
Juvederm Voluma side effectsUsually after the injection may occur redness, tenderness, itching, bruising or swelling which can last up to 7 days.
Contraindications for Juvederm Voluma treatmentBefore the Juvederm Voluma procedure an aesthetician should ensure if any of the following symptoms occurs:
- allergy or hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients
- autoimmune disease
- inflammation of the treated area
- infection of the treated area
- redness of the treated area
Juvederm Vycross Technology dermal fillers rangeJuvederm dermal fillers range based on Vycross Technology includes 5 products:
- Juvederm Voluma indicated for restoration of the lost volume especially in the cheeks and cheekbone area
- Juvederm Volbella intended for medium-sized skin depressions in the peri oral area
- Juvederm Volite used to correct fine lines and superficial wrinkles, improve skin hydration, and stimulate collagen growth
- Juvederm Volift intended for the treatment of any deep skin depressions and correction of facial structural defects such as asymmetry, contour deformities, and volume loss in the lips, cheeks, chin, and lower face.
- Juvederm Volux indicated especially for jawline and chin definition